Thursday 6 August 2009

Stamping for the Weekend Challenge #9 - Alterations


Hi...another great challenge this week from one of my Fav's blogs - Stamping for the weekend..this week its 'Alterations'..they want you to Alter anything you like. Now I'm not overly into this I have to be honest...but thought I would have ago with a note book I bought a little while ago to do the very same with..I had Christmas Presents in mind!!..Anyway..the DP is Doodlebug and the white square is a frame from Craftworks and its embossed with swiss dots but you cant see that in the pic. I wanted to give a lush look so I used two velvet flowers one silk and then lots of paper roses. I added a few pearl stems I got from Hobbycraft and then glittered it a bit...Oh I also used some paper lace thingys from Doodlebug and a bit of spotted ribbon from stash. After I did all this I remembered that maybe I should have used a stamped image..umm oh well trust me!! lol I'm going to enter it anyway as I made the effort!!! lol
Do go and check out the DT inspirationshere and see how it should be done!!!!
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs..

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jan, such gorgeous striking colours and I love the flowers. Hey I'm on the DT, and I even forgot about the stamped image, it was only reading through your post that it dawned on me.....doh!!!!!! Thank you so much for taking part with our alterations challenge, you've done a fabby job, good luck xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely altered book Jan you've done a great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is gorgeous, Jan:O) Stamped image or not, the flowers are stunning! Love the DP's.
    Thank you for joining us at SFTW, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant front cover Jan! I love it! Yes, you should have stamped something, but It looks fabulous non the less! Thanks for showing us!

    Thank you for playing along with us this week. We hope you had fun and that you come back again and play in more challenges.

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Jan, such striking colours. I see your a Kent girl too! What is your nearest craft store? I'm always looking for new places to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Jan! I really love the flower, it's stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply Gorgeous!! the flowers are just wonderful.. very lovely as always..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book is beautiful Jan, love the colour combo and dont worry about the stamping, minor blip, but we still love it and thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, I will have to try something like this on a composition tablet for my daughter to take back to school.

    ReplyDelete