Tuesday 30 April 2013

Oh Ollie...

Yes my fur baby gave me a big fright today...he had a funny turn at the dog groomers!!...she was just finishing him and he went all stiff in her arms so she put him down and he then ran around and around like he was chasing his tail and drooling very heavily.  He then stopped and had a long drink...while this was going on she called me to say he wasn't well so I raced around there luckily she is only around the corner...Phew!...when I got there he seem to be fine then I notice he wasn't walking well..his back legs were stiff and he was wobbling. 
 
I called my vet there and then and rushed Ollie to him.  The vet checked him over... heart..colour..temperature..all ok..he checked his legs and watched him walk around. The vet said that in cases of seizures the dogs recover so quickly that by the time they see them the dogs vital signs are back to normal so its hard to pin point the problem.  The vet said that should he have another while or after resting then we may have a problem or if he has more than one in a month so all we can do is to keep an eye on him. 
 
Anyway by the time I got him home he was back to his naughty self. He chased LilyPuss up the stairs in their usual dog and cat mode...he stops when she turns on him...lol...and he is now on the chair in the craft room watching the birds in the garden....I'm off to have a lie down..lol...I really thought the worse..I thought I had lost him...

 
My Boy...
 
Hope you're having a restful Tuesday
Hugs
Jan..x

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a fright! Yes, you will have to keep an eye on that little cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frightening when things go wrong with our fur babies...my dog stoppd walking the other day and just whinned a lot,I thought the worst.. so had to take him to the vet...he had been stung by bees in his groin..twice...so was feeling very sorry for himself..still very frightening..hope all is well with your Ollie..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweetie I wish I was with you to give Ollie and you a big hug ! I know exactly what you must have been through... So happy to hear that everything is back to normal now... Ollie is really a gorgeous little dog... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete