Sunday 13 May 2012

Distressed with Distress........!!

Hi Guys...well after your encouragement regarding my hasty purchase of Timmy's pens..I spent all day yesterday practising....I bought some proper watercolour paper (thank you Becky for your advice) and sat at my desk determined to get the hang of these pesky pens....so after 7 attempts (I kid you not) here is my offering.....


Please don't look too closely...lol...I lost my way a bit on her hair (and other places)...I found that I struggled the most with the skin colour..Tattered Rose just doesn't seem to want to blend as well as the other colours...I used the pens straight to the paper as well as using them on a pallet for when I just wanted a wash...I'm sort of happy with it...(trust me you should see the other attempts!!!..lol..) but I don't think I will be a complete convert as I don't like creamy coloured card...so if any of you out there know of a watercolour paper (cold press) that is nice and white..please let me know...Oh and as I used gorgeous BG DP's from the 'Plumeria' pad...I'm entering it for BG 'Anything Goes' challenge this week...
Have a great day!!
Hugs
Jan...xxx

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous – just love it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I think your shading is just perfect.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty Jan, love this Tilda too, gorgeous colouring, and love the die and the wee pearls...so pretty..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Jan, I love your design and colours, Tilda is gorgeous and beautifully coloured.
    hugs
    Heather xx
    and thanks for joining Basic Grey challenges

    ReplyDelete