Friday 22 January 2010

Cards for fun...and a couple of challenges.....

Hi Guys.....I've been really fed up this week...must be the January blues...I'm feeling the pinch at the moment ... not working and all....that's depressing...I've applied for 6 jobs since Christmas and not one has got back to me...even to say thanks but no thanks....Anyway...had a bit of sort out of stash and put some that I dont use/want anymore on eBay....I want to buy more stamps you see....got my eye on some Hero Art ones...so I hoping I might be able to get one or two (well we all know it wont be one!! lol) next week....We'll see...so back to what I came here for....some cards to show you....first one is for Friday Sketchers...fab sketch this week..nice and simple the way we like it...and I used what is now my fav PB stamp and some of my new DP's...(see I dont know why I'm fed up as I did have a little spend last week).... have a look isnt he cute...


The DP is 'Hugs & Honey' I love this type of 'Dolly Print' flowery look...ok next card is for Stampacular Sunday Challenge..its a colour(?) one this week - Black, White and Silver...with a frendship theme...ok mine doesnt look that friendly...but its what I call a 'grown up' card...have a look....


I stamped the flowers onto the DP and cut them out...ok not rocket science I know but I love the look...I have also embossed the black card with Cuttlebug Swiss dots..but you cant see it in the pic....Next!


I made this and the next card to cheer me up..I wanted some spring colours and as this darling little Hedgie is holding my favourite flower - a daffodill ( cos they are usually the first flower out for my birthday in March) I thought it would be perfect...and as for this little Teddy...


Isnt he just fab...marching along with his satchel...so cute...see..I'm almost cheery again....I'm off to see how the bids on eBay are doing...have a fab weekend!!!
Hugs
Jan...x

16 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous cards Jan and you have given me an idea with the black and white one that i might try this week! :o)

    What is your name on ebay? I love the cards you make so no doubt will love the things you are selling too!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. really hope you hear something job wise soon too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan your cards are just wonderful. Apparantly this is the most depressing week in the year, I would def agree with that one. Fingers crossed you get a job soon they would be daft not to snap you up.

    hugs clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan,

    Thanks for sharing all your beautiful cards at SSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all awesome, I know what you mean with the job situation, I'm in the same boat. The job I did have was full of bullies and so I cannot use them as a reference, so trying to find another job is quite useless when 5 years of my life is down the tube with the last company... dont get disillusioned, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Jan these are all so beautiful.. Love them all..I do hope you get over the blues..And I hope you can find a job soon..I lost mine a year ago, But I really dont mind staying home now.It did take a little getting use to..Anyways hope everything works out..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Jan .. love those PB stamps. Fabby papers and details.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty cards Jan - your attention to detail is amazing. Love the daffodil and it's my favourite flower too!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous cards Jan. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are really beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are all so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards! Love your black, white and silver card - the flowers are perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Hope to see you again next week!
    Dee (Sprytebyrd)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards!! Love them all..TFS with SSC..hope you join us next week.
    hugs
    Piali

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. I love the DP you used. The sentiment is great. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Jan!

    LOVE the Little Hedgie one and the Daffs.....but then Daffs are my fav flower so that's a no-brainer!
    The colours you've used are gorgeous - def brought a bit of Spring to my morning too :)

    Hope the job hunting goes well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable cards! Love the sweet images!
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Friday Sketchers!
    Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete