Thursday 11 June 2009

Colour Create Challenge Wk.19 - Blush Pink, Lilac & Mossy Green



Well..this is my entry for this weeks Colour Create Challenge and its a really yummy one. The colours to use are blush pink, lilac and mossy green, with an option of a die cut..right up my street!! lol. I wanted to try something a little different and decided I'll go for a shabby chic look. I took a deep breath and took the sharp edge of my scissors and 'roughed up' the edges of the DP's. Now I know you experts out there think nothing of this but I dont usually do 'distressed' well ok..I did on monday morning when the cat decided to present me a mouse in my bedroom which promptly took up residence behind the wardrobe!!!
Anyway..I also wanted to stitch it too (the card not the mouse!) just a small flaw in my plan....no sewing machine..lol so i used a silver gel pen and faux it!!. I chalked too!! Now I love the look on other peoples cards, but I thought mine was looking a little muddy!! Anyway.. cant tell you where the DP's came from as..yes you guessed it, I've thrown the packaging away, but I'm using the lovely sizzix scroll for the die cut option with punch flowers and dew drops from stash. I really not sure about the look..cant help thinking that it looks as if its been thrown on the floor and someone with muddy boots has stepped on it..!!!..lol..Great challenge though so why dont you check out the divine DT Cards here Happy crafting!!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, love the 'shabby chic' look of your card but have never been brave enough myself! Always interested to see how others are colouring their gorjuss girls because I have just got my first one and I'm sure it won't be my last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning, sooooooo pretty! Good for you taking the plunge with the distressing and stitching too - looks fab!
    Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! Really cute card. I'm a sucker for Gorjuss Girls. Well done! Thanks for joining CC this week. Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the soft colours. Very pretty. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and so pretty. Love your gorjuss girl and your details are stunning.
    Thanks so much for joining us at CC.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete