Tuesday 13 January 2015

Just to Share....

Hello again, hope this find you all well today.
 
I had a really good day in the craft room yesterday and managed to make a few cards.  It must be the fact I have the builders in and I just hide a way in there. The room should be the dining room but I really don't need one of those as I have a table in the kitchen, and one of the reasons for buying the cottage was that it had this room that I can use as a craft room,  It's just off the sitting room and so I can just shut the door and all the mess stash is out of sight.
 
There is only one downside to the cottage and that is its on a main road with the pavement right at the front door.  Its quite a busy road at certain times of the day but it goes back to being a quiet village after about 6pm and of course very dark. There is practically no light pollution here and I am always amazed on a clear night how many stars there are!!..I have been a townie all my life so I'm easily pleased by these kind of things....lol.
 
The other thing that makes me smile about living here is that very late at night you can hear the Owls.  There is a small holding next door with a couple of barns and I sure they are around there. I yet to see them though. They were in full voice last night...lovely to hear ...but very eerie... the sky was very clear and it was soooo cold and thinking about them inspired this little card.

 
A sweet little Lawn Fawn stamp and die set.  I coloured him with pencils and wanted to give him a nice cosy scarf which matched the colours in the washi tape. I finished with some sprinkles.
 
Well the builders are cracking on so that's good, its a bright but very cold day here and there maybe snow on the way later...but Lily, Ollie and me are very snug, I have a the wood burner roaring away...lovely.
 
 
Happy crafting
Hugs
Jan...xxx
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jan,
    I love this cute image. The paper border with the shiny sprinkle look fabulous.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is SO adorable Jan ! And your life in your cottage sounds like a dream ! Even with the builders !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan. Such an adorable card!! I have this owl and need to ink him up again.:) Love how you've coloured his scarf to match the fun washi tape. This would be perfect to enter at Merry Monday! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete