Saturday 6 July 2013

Mmmmmmmm.......

.....Aren't they lovely...Lilies....my very favourite flowers.....

 
 
I bought a large bunch as I wanted the house to be filled with fragrance for Mums funeral  which was  on Thursday...these were her favourites too....we had a lovely simple service with her favourite music...I just hope she approved.  The family came back here for refreshments and I know she would have loved having us all together and enjoyed catching up with everyone.
 
She had some beautiful arrangements and this peony was in one of them...I had to bring it home as its so gorgeous...
 
 
it's huge...about 6" and so fragrant the house smells like a florist at the moment..its a good job I don't get hay fever...lol...
 
Anyway...after a very sad day on Thursday...I had a nice quiet day yesterday in the craft room...
 
 
I've had these PaperArtsy Jofy stamps for ages and I was feeling in an inky kind of mood so out came the  DI's and pens and had a play...as they are quite small it didn't take long to rustle up a little collection...I'm thinking of framing them altogether.
 
I doodled with a white pen and a gold sparkle pen here and there to give a bit of a arty feel...and added glossy accents on everything that is coloured red....
 
This one is my favourite
 
 
simple...
 
But I just love these quirky birds too...
 
 
so cute....
 
...I'm planning some more time in the craft room  today....with the patio doors wide open to enjoy the sun ....Hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy your BBQ's later..lol...
Hugs
Jan....xxxx
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Jan my deepest sympathy in your loss. May wonderful memories keep her alive in your hearts. Your creations speak of calmness and would look beautiful framed together.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards....very creative!
    Sounds like you had a beautiful service for your mother and shared many memories! Yes, she would have approved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your Mum must have rejoiced to see you all together celebrating her life... The flowers are so beautiful... And so are your cards ! I love them ! Great backgrounds and the images are so cute ! I hope you are having a lovely sunny week-end ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all went well for your mums funeral jan. I'm sure sure mum would have been very happy that all the family got together to share all your wonderful memories.,the flowers look beautiful. I can almost smell them here lol..
    Your cards are gorgeous. Hope you've had anther good day of crafting
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, I so love the brown with the pops of colour, really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely work!! I'm inspired for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete