Saturday 30 March 2013

A First for me....

Hello Lovelies...I hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend and are doing some lovely things regardless the weather...so far here in my part of Kent..we've had sunshine (yay!) and snow showers (boo!!) on and off all morning...and it's jolly cold out there...brrr....

Anyway...its been a while since I last posted I know...in that time I went to the NEC...got over my bad cold... had a birthday... and my body decided to give me another treat of a chest infection and hacking cough..ugh!!!...so I've not been feeling up to crafting much...but I have been hopping around your lovely blogs seeing what you've been up to...all totally inspiring..from CAS to Darling Tildas to a bit of vintage...I have been 'stalking' Catherine's blog as she certainly has a talent for it and as soon as I felt better I had a little nosey on Etsy for some Vintage digis..boy I was spoilt for choice...and had a go...here is my first ever Vintage card...

 
I distressed the edges of the DP's which are Maya Road...and inked them...I used die cut spiral roses which I distressed too...and ribbon roses...The buttons are truly vintage I found them in Mums needlework box which hasnt been touched for years...and I finished with lots of sparkle and pearls....I hope I got it right!!
 
And then... as luck would have it... I see that this weeks challenge at Allsorts is Vintage..how cool is that!!
 
As I said before while I was away from blogging I went to the NEC...spent too much money as you do...lol...and struggled to find homes in my already 'fit to bursting craft room'...I sat there thinking oh I wish I had a bigger room....then had one of those light bulbs moments and thought of the dining room...I don't use it..its a bigger room and has a patio door to the garden which would be lovely when we get a summer....lol....the furniture would fit with a squeeze into my old room with a view for it to be disposed of later...so...I moved...its wasn't easy...in fact it was jolly hard work...but here it is....the room still needs tweaking  and I trying to remember where I put things...buts is so much better...
 
 
Desk area...
 
 
further down the desk area
 
 
On the other side...shelves with all my cardstock and the boxes for flowers, ribbons and other embellies
 
 

 
shelves with boxes of DP pads...and around the corner a cd shelf with more on!!
 
 
 
and of course a comfy chair for mummy's little helper....er not!!!
 
ok..that's it from me for now...I'm off to find some chocolate...I'm told its great for soothing your throat when you have a very bad cough!!!...and yes I have a very very bad cough!!!...lol...
 
Happy Crafting
Hugs
Jan...xxxx
 
 

9 comments:

  1. OMG Jan!!!! Your vintage card is PERFECT!!!!! Love the distressing and gorgeous rolled flowers! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful Jan and just perfect for my challenge this week. So glad you are feeling better and able to join in with us at Allsorts this week. great photos of your craft area and thank you for the lovely comment about my blog.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely craft space! Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts this week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vintage card Jan, just beautiful..love the papers and design..and what a tidy craft space..love your little helper..gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate really is the best remedy =). Your craft room really is divine - and Ollie really is the best decoration there :)
    Love your vintage card, thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Sweetie ! I have spent hours on Etsy looking at all their goodies... And I haven't finished yet !!! Your card is totally awesome, I love the papers and the flowers are to die for... I can see that you are a tidy crafter, you are so well organised ! May I ask what you keep in the "candy" jars ? And yes, chocolate is good for sore throat and cough so treat yourself !!! I hope you are having a lovely Easter my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Vintage creation Jan and nice to see you so organised in your new crafty space.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.


    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous vintage card. Love the stamp, the papers, the distressing - gorgeous! Fabulous craft space too. What amazing storage you have set up now. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete