Saturday 12 January 2013

Yay!!....

Yes Yay!! indeed..I think I have finally got the hang of Timmy's DI pens...lol.  You may remember that last year I bought the whole set of the pens on a whim..and was really disappointed as they just wouldn't do what I wanted them to do...well they have sat on my shelf tormenting me since...

They began waving at me again this week so I did a bit of research..it would appear I might have been misinformed about the type of paper I should use..so I 'invested' (and yes I mean 'invested'...more like took out some shares in the company...lol...) in a watercolour pad..so sat down this afternoon and gritted my teeth as I was determined to master them....I used one of my new Tildas..well it just had to be a Tilda didn't it..lol...

Here she is...

 
I'm quite pleased how it turned out.   The DP is Maja...I just love them..totally hooked..just bought two more pads in case I cant buy them anywhere...lol...
I used a new (well for me ) Martha Stewart punch to shape the edge of Tilda..god I held my breath, as I had finished colouring her and then I thought I should have shaped the edges first!!  I didn't want to add flowers as I thought she had enough already..lol...so kept it all simple..I used a new Memory Box Butterfly die and punched a couple of hearts and finished with organza ribbon, a clear sparkle button, pearls and sparkle.
 
I'm going to enter this for the following challenges
 Allsorts Challenge - Dies and Punches
Try it Tuesday - New Stash
  
Well I'm off to have another play
Keep Warm
Happy Crafting
Hugs Jan..xxx

14 comments:

  1. You certainly have worked out how to use those DI markers, Jan! Your colouring is gorgeous! Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Jan...gorgeous colouring, love the fancy framed edge and beautiful papers..a fabulous card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a lovely card. i have no clue why you were worried lol your creations are just fabulous always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just brilliant hunny! Share the secret code for your watercolour paper - I've got some but still can't get to grips with the pens, so I suspect it is the wrong texture/weight/inside leg measurement. Pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely make! Thank you for joining us at TioT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you gave them another go, your card is gorgeous and so is your colouring.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Jan!!!!! She looks magnificent!!!! Love how you colour her! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is such beautiful shading, wonderful touch with the little hearts. EE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should have also said thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  10. An outstanding work of art, Jan...WOW, WOW, WOW!! SUPERB coloring and fabulous design work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you managed the colouring brilliantly, it is rather depending on what paper you use (but you know that now hehe). And thanks for joining Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation, lovely colours, the image is great and lovely colouring too. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, so much lovely detail!
    Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete