Monday 20 April 2009

Hi, well today is the first day of my blog and the reason to have this is to keep a record of my designs.

I have been card making for at least 20yrs and have seen lots of different styles over the years that have come and gone and come back again. I have always been creative even when I was little I was always colouring or painting. My first love was rubber stamping, but the rubber stamps available then were not like the rubber stamps available today and I felt a little stunted as to what Ii could do with them. I then discovered die cuts and been using them ever since.

About five years ago a friend suggested that I should try to sell my cards on eBay and after years of doing the rounds craft fairs etc., that seemed a good idea. Unfortunately the cards didn't do well, so I tried just card toppers and they went better. Over the years I have gained quite a few regular customers which enables me to keep going with my card making passion and to try different things.

The current trend on eBay is teddy bears well I say current but its been like that for about 2 years now, anything with a bear on it. I invested in a couple of cute Boo Bear dies from Go Kreate and they are my best seller. However, while browsing through the rubber stamps in my favorite craft shop, The Craft Barn in Lingfield, Surrey, I found some Penny Black little Critters and bought them, well they are so cute I was hooked.

As I have spent a fortune on dies etc., I cant really invest in anymore stamps, but i trawled through eBay and found some stamped images and bought loads. But then I found , and this is when I got really excited... Magnolia Tilda Stamps!. They are fab, they just feed my need to colour. I have also found Sugar Nellie stamps and their Gorjuss Girls are so cute that I have to have them and have pre-ordered the new collection which I hope will arrive this week. I cant wait.

I feel that I have missed so much in rubber stamps by being so into die cutting. I have listed some toppers I made using rubber stamps and they have gone quite well. I am determined that my customers WILL buy these!! lol

If there is anyone out there that's reading this and is into card making I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment